fastest_cvsup -- Finds fastest CVSup server
Find the fastest CVSup mirror server for FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD.
- uses socket connections not just 'pings'
- takes notice of server responses
- connects to servers in countries specified on the command line
- or connects to the 'local' servers defined in the script
- or connects to ALL the servers in ALL the countries
- returns either fastest server or top 3 (useful for scripts)
- returns exit codes (useful for scripts)
- can re-write itself to update the CVSup server list, obtained
from the online FreeBSD Handbook
- can easily add other CVSup servers (NetBSD, OpenBSD, etc)
Find out more
Copyright © HM2K.
Sponsored by Gallush FreeBSD Shells.